I have maintained a Private Practice in San Rafael since 2000 where I see a variety of child, adolescent and adult clients. Prior to opening my practice I also worked in a wide variety of community organizations including:
- Three years as a member of clinical staff providing group and individual Psychotherapy for seriously mentally ill adults at therapeutic community operated by the Richmond Fellowship, London, U.K.
- Three years as a member of staff for EMQ children’s services in San Jose, CA, providing group and individual psychotherapy for children in a public elementary school setting, family assessment and therapeutic services.
- One year as a member of intern staff at Pyramid Alternatives in Pacifica, CA providing individual psychotherapy for children and adults with substance abuse issues.
- Two years as a school counselor at Erikson School, a non public high school in San Francisco, CA. providing group and individual psychotherapy for seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents.
- Seven years as a member of Clinical staff for the Family Service Agency of Marin, in a number of positions:
As a member of the Family and Child team, providing individual, family and group services for children, teens and adults on an outpatient basis,
As a member of mental health staff at the Jeannette Prandi Children's Center, a forensic interview center investigating cases of physical and sexual abuse of children. This project involved the Family Service agency of Marin, the Marin County Sheriff's Department, Police departments of Marin County and the Marin County District Attorney's Office.
As the grant writer andproject coordinator for the newly developed Parent Child Interaction Therapy program at FSA.
- Three years as Assistant Clinical Director at the Community Institute for Psychotherapy where continue to teach both licensed and pre-licensed staff and supervise the clinical work of interns..
- More than ten years experience teaching and supervising at the graduate level in the Department of Counseling at Sonoma State University. Courses include: Theories of Counseling, Child and Adolescent Treatment and Family Therapy.
Get in touch
The thought of engaging in psychotherapy can be daunting, the task of finding a clinician can feel overwhelming.
Contact me for a "no committment" initial consultation - we can discuss a course of action and lay out potential goals for your future.
San Francisco State University
Master of Science, 1997
University of California, Davis
Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) training 2004
Activities & Affiliations
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) - Clinical Member
- Marin CAMFT - Clinical Member
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) - Clinical Member
Teaching Experience: Graduate Classes
- Developmental and Clinical Issues with Children and Adolescents
- Theories of Counseling
- Counseling Pre-Practicum
- Counseling Practicum Supervision
- Counseling Diverse Couples and Families
Teaching Experience: Postgraduate Clinical Training
- Assessment and Treatment of Anxiety
- Assessment and Treatment of Depression
- Assessment and Treatment of Trauma
- Shame and Guilt in Psychotherapy
- Control Mastery Theory
- Crisis Management and Harm Reduction
- Countertransference and Early Relational Trauma
- Family Assessment
Training for Clinical Supervisors
- Shame in Supervision
- Learning from History: Signs of an Intern in Trouble
- Using Control Mastery Theory in Case Conceptualization
Professional Development Courses
- The Illusion of Connection? Parenting in the Age of Technology
- Clinical presentations of Pathological Internet use: Insights from research and suggestions for clinical practice
- The Illusion of Connection? Psychotherapy in the age of Facebook, Minecraft and Online Pornography (Coming April 2018)